Vice President of Enrollment Management Services
Exceptional Leader Sought to Manage Enrollment
Georgia Gwinnett College, an institution focused on attention, affordability, and access, is seeking an outstanding and experienced leader to provide vision and direction on all aspects of enrollment management services. The successful candidate will bring extensive knowledge about building key components of enrollment management to ensure student success as demonstrated through increased retention and graduation. The Vice President’s success will result in a significant and positive difference in the lives of students. The College has created this new position to coordinate the efforts of the institutional community in maintaining focus on its access mission while providing the support and services necessary to foster student learning and success. The successful candidate must be able to motivate and guide staff in their work at this pivotal time in the College’s history as it shifts from constant growth to a sustainable model centered on maintaining access for a culturally diverse student body.
The Vice President of Enrollment Management Services will be expected to provide leadership, vision, and strategy, supported by data, for the implementation and evaluation of all enrollment management services. The areas within the new division include: enrollment planning, recruitment, admissions, financial aid, communication services, and institutional services.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President is expected to collaborate closely with the President and other senior College leaders to develop and implement enrollment strategies driven by institutional priorities, and is directly responsible for enrollment stability and strategic enrollment growth towards retention goals.
Georgia Gwinnett College
Georgia Gwinnett College, a member of the University System of Georgia, opened its doors with 100 students in 2006 as the first four-year college founded in Georgia in more than 100 years, and the first four-year public college created in the United States in the 21st century, according to the American Council on Education. It now serves a culturally diverse student body of about 13,000, from 32 states and 131 countries, on its campus in Lawrenceville, GA. The College community is proud of its commitment to access and student success through innovative practices, a caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition.
The vision for the College, which the new Vice President will play a key role in implementing, is:
Georgia Gwinnett College will be a premier 21st Century Liberal Arts College where learning will take place continuously in and beyond the confines of the traditional classroom. Its cornerstones will be innovative use of educational technology and a commitment to an integrated educational experience that develops the whole person. GGC will be a wellspring of educational innovation. It will be a dynamic learning community where faculty engagement in teaching and mentoring students will be the hallmark. It will be a driving force for change in student success. As such, it will be a model for innovative approaches to education, faculty engagement with students, and highly efficient student, facility, and administrative services.
The College seeks an experienced professional who possesses strong interpersonal skills, exceptional organizational abilities, and the ability to present the mission of the College persuasively. To be successful in this role, the Vice President must be a creative self-starter who can build and inspire a team to develop and implement a vision guided by the College’s mission, and do so in a transparent and collaborative manner. This role will require strong change management skills and a commitment to being proactive and innovative.
The Vice President for Enrollment Management Services will:
- provide strategic vision, oversight, and planning for the College’s enrollment and recruiting programs;
- provide direct administrative oversight of the operations of the following areas: Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, Communication Services, and Institutional Services;
- collaborate closely with Cabinet members, Deans, Faculty and campus professionals in creating a seamless enrollment management process, which supports GGC’s strategic plan;
- collaboratively set enrollment and retention goals with administration and successfully communicate goals to the campus community;
- develop and implement, in conjunction with other offices, the strategic enrollment and marketing plan for the College;
- successfully apply generally accepted, exemplary enrollment management concepts and strategies designed to aid the recruitment and retention of a culturally diverse student population;
- gather and analyze relevant data upon which all goals, strategies, and tactics are based related to the College’s enrollment action plan;
- work effectively with culturally diverse populations of students and constituents;
- provide dynamic leadership to all areas of enrollment management services;
- advise, coach and evaluate unit leadership on matters related to personnel and program management.
- support learning and development opportunities such as workshops, conferences, and certificates, as appropriate;
- plan and implement systematic evaluations of all programs and projects within the affiliated Enrollment Management offices, ensuring conformance with applicable regulatory standards and other college evaluation processes;
- work with the Chief Financial Officer in preparing and managing annual budgets to support areas of supervision;
- represent the College publicly, as needed, to aid in the shaping of the branding and awareness of GGC; and
- perform other duties as assigned.
Applications are sought from candidates who possess the following.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in higher education administration, student development, or a related area, doctorate preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of experience as an administrator, preferably in an area of enrollment management in a higher education setting.
- Proven knowledge of enrollment management concepts, strategies, and best practices including recruiting, admissions, financial aid, retention, and information systems used in support of these functions, as well as awareness of current recruitment challenges such as affordability.
- Demonstrated experience as an effective leader with proven ability to develop other leaders through hiring, training, motivating, monitoring, and mentoring an effective team of enrollment professionals.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing data effectively in decision-making.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of diversity, equity, and inclusion, especially as they relate to being a member of an institutional community that reflects broad cultural diversity among its students, faculty, and staff.
- Knowledge of international student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Proficiency in a second language preferred.
Application Procedure and Timeline
Georgia Gwinnett College has partnered with Keeling & Associates, LLC, for this search. Application materials should include a resume and a letter of interest and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read “GGC – Vice President.” A confidential review of applications will begin on March 8, 2018 and all materials submitted by that date will receive full consideration.
Confidential nominations, expressions of interest, and requests for conversations about the position prior to application are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Jan Walbert, Vice President and Senior Consultant for Executive Search, at email@example.com.
Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia is an open records state.