Exciting Admissions Leadership Role at a Growing University
Texas A&M University-San Antonio (TAMU-SA), a young and rapidly growing institution serving a diverse and non-traditional population, is seeking an experienced professional to serve as the Director of Admissions. The Director is expected to provide vision and guidance to the Admissions staff in their efforts to recruit and enroll undergraduate and graduate students. In order to be successful in this role, the Director will not only need to understand the operational aspects of recruitment and admissions, but also have a genuine commitment to customer service and to providing access to a diverse population.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Admissions provides leadership, supervision, and training for the Admissions Processing and Recruiting staff. The priorities for the roles include: leading University recruitment efforts at both the undergraduate and graduate levels; guiding the recruiters through appropriate new student contact and territory management; working in conjunction with University Communications and the Director of Enrollment Management to update recruitment materials; maintenance of the University CRM; handling resolution of admissions and related issues; maintaining the transfer admissions processes, including coordination of the Procedures Manual regarding upgrades and new processes; monitoring and coordinating processes and issues related to legislative mandates; and ensuring accurate and timely management reporting. In addition, the Director communicates with Academic Advisors and serves as a liaison to the University and San Antonio communities.
- Leads Admissions staff in the recruitment and processing area; manages daily operations of domestic and international Admissions ensuring professionalism and a customer service oriented approach.
- Oversees the development and daily operation of communications between prospective students and Admissions.
- Creates and maintains communication and marketing materials for prospective students. Determines promotional items and recruitment lists.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervising support staff.
- Monitors weekly processing reports for supervised areas. Creates and maintains internal and external report data. Maintains Apply Texas information to ensure everything is up to date, and ensures successful daily downloading and processing of Common Applications.
- Manages the Recruiting staff to coordinate the interaction and contact of prospective new students.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of recruiting schedules and contacts and guides the University recruiters through productive and efficient contact with potential new students and community constituents.
- Develops, updates, and maintains Admissions policies and procedures as designated by System and State changes in processing. Develops, compiles and analyzes recruitment and enrollment statistics in support of the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Chairs or serves on committees, contributes to special projects, serves as backup in other areas of Enrollment Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of related experience in college admissions programs, budgets, and planning, including supervision of personnel.
- Minimum of three years of management/supervisory work experience.
- Experience with higher education student system software; experience with Banner preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to implement a recruitment plan with a strong commitment to diversity.
- Appreciation of and the commitment to excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
The University has partnered with Keeling and Associates, LLC (K&A) in this search process. Applicants must apply through the University website at https://employment.tamusahr.com/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp Applications should include a letter of interest and a resume, preferably in PDF format, and use the reference for the Posting #0601082 for the Director of Admissions. A confidential review of applications will begin December 4, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Nominations, expressions of interest, and requests for confidential conversations about the positon prior to application are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Jan Walbert (email@example.com), the K&A senior consultant leading this search.
Texas A&M University-San Antonio (TAMU-SA) is a new comprehensive university in the established Texas A&M University System serving students from a culturally diverse and largely non-traditional population. The university was created to address the educational needs in South San Antonio and surrounding areas. The current enrollment is approximately 6,500. Texas A&M-San Antonio is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.