Keeling & Associates, LLC, (K&A) a higher education consulting and professional services firm, is recruiting to fill a full-time Project Assistant (PA) position. The firm works exclusively in higher education—with colleges, universities, and higher education professional organizations—on projects that have a common purpose: to advance learning and improve outcomes for both students and institutions.
The PA works collaboratively with project teams to support consulting projects. The PA functions as an essential member of those teams, executing, coordinating, and documenting tasks and activities delegated to them. PAs have varied responsibilities and assignments balanced across several major projects, including but not limited to administrative functions (organizing and scheduling meetings, acquiring travel information, and securing or developing meeting materials); data collection, aggregation, presentation, and organization; project support (participation in designated client meetings, note-taking and transcription; preparation of drafts of routine documents); and collaboration with other members of the consulting team (participation in team meetings, preparation and circulation of materials, drafting agendas). Overall, the successful candidate will be highly organized, adaptable, responsive, attentive to details, and reliable and have excellent written, oral, and electronic communication skills. PAs must have the ability to work independently and travel to client sites as members of project teams, when necessary. The position is full-time and includes an attractive benefits package. All members of the K&A staff work from home offices, but, in certain circumstances, may be required to travel to client sites, conferences, company retreats, and other events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with various forms of research and data collection; follows established data collection procedures to collect, catalog, organize, and record data; prepares summaries and reports, as directed, to support project associates and consultants’ analysis
- Assists with project logistics and project management tasks, including scheduling meetings for project teams, project planning, and creation and distribution of routine deliverables (e.g., data and document requests)
- Proactively maintains highly organized filing system(s); accurately files correspondence and other project records
- Assists with coordination of meetings, including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas, presentations, or other materials, and recording and transcribing meeting minutes
- Provides data visualization, presentation and document creation and formatting support, and non-IT technology expertise (i.e., use of Mac-based software programs, PDFs, and Microsoft Office applications). Provides real-time meeting support and facilitation, including note taking and live “shared screen” or projection document editing
- Assists, as required, in organizing, planning, and adjusting project team travel arrangements
- Performs general administrative duties and assists in development and implementation of department systems and procedures, as needed
- Proofreads and copy edits documents for grammatical, typographical, and/or compositional errors
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues, topics, and materials
- Serves as back-up project support across the consulting service, as needed, and performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university required. Applicants with an Associate’s Degree from a two-year college plus at least three to four years of pertinent experience may be considered.
- Professional experience or knowledge of and experience working in higher education preferred.
- Excellent written, electronic, and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, transactional, and collaborative skills, including the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated good judgment; has the ability to make and explain sound decisions
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Highly developed emotional intelligence to effectively align priorities and respond to expectations
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of multiple teams simultaneously
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence, accountability, and high standards
- Acute attention to detail
- Working knowledge of requirements of writing style guides preferred: Chicago Manual of Style, American Psychological Association Style, and Associated Press Stylebook.
- Proficient with MacOS, iWork, iOS, Microsoft Office Suite, database systems, and online research databases
- Must be able to travel throughout the United States and internationally; valid passport and driver’s license, with good driving history, required.
- Organization – Demonstrates an organized work style with strong attention to detail and exceptional follow through; an ability to effectively complete tasks by established deadlines; abilities in data and document management, electronic filing systems, calendars, and travel applications
- Project Support – Executes project plans; coordinates project logistics; communicates progress; completes projects on time; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; manages competing demands
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; can carefully edit work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents quantitative and qualitative data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Dependability – Follows instructions and responds to direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time; communicates effectively
- Diversity & Inclusion – Demonstrates knowledge of equal opportunity and diversity, inclusion, and equity policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; contributes to the development of an inclusive culture
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- K&A staff work from home offices and are required to travel to client sites, conferences, company retreats, and other events, when needed. (Required Travel: 10-20% of annual workdays)
- Occasionally required to stand and walk; frequently required to sit; and continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to transport materials while traveling (e.g., boxes, easels, supplies, etc.)
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Application Procedure and Timeline
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume, preferably in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read “Project Assistant.” Review of applications will begin immediately, and all materials received by July 19, 2021, will receive immediate and full consideration.